The mission of the Bogata Police Department is to enhance the quality of life in the City of Bogata by working cooperatively with the public, the Mayor, and the City Council of Bogata. We will work within the framework of the U.S. and Texas Constitution to enforce the laws, preserve the peace, reduce fear and provide for a safe environment for all citizens.
City of Bogata Police Chief, David Short
In God We Trust
FOR EMERGENCIES CALL 9-1-1
- We do not pick or choose whom we protect and serve.
- We will strive to make good decisions, as life and individual freedoms are sacred.
- We believe all persons should be treated fairly and equitably... as if they were our own family members.
- We strive to resolve problems through the enforcement of laws - not by passing judgment.
- Because law enforcement and public safety should reflect community wide concern, we actively seek the involvement of citizens in helping us to suppress crime in our community.
- Excellence in all we do
- Service before self
- Integrity first
Improve the Quality of Community Life
We shall strive to improve the quality of our community and to gain the trust of our citizens through community policing and by offering an open door policy.
We shall strive to engage in behavior that is beyond ethical reproach and reflects the integrity of police professionals.
Improve the Quality of Work life
We strive to improve the working environment for the department's employees by engaging in open and honest communication and demonstrating a genuine concern for one another.
Our Department will work as a team. Regardless of rank or title, each officer should be recognized for his or her personal skill or ability. Our Department will expect every officer to hold a high value to the safety and morale of their fellow officers.
We encourage employee involvement in all departmental activities, this is essential for maintaining a productive working environment.
Employees will be treated fairly and equitably in recognition of basic human dignity and as a means of enriching their work life.